Siemens Innovation Ecosystem (“SIE”)
1. The SIE (the “SIE”) is the open innovation platform offered by Siemens Aktiengesellschaft (“Siemens”). SIE creates an open and fertile innovation ecosystem by bringing together people, resources and ideas from students, academia, partner companies and start-ups to Siemens via a digital platform to foster creativeness and collaboration. The SIE is designed to encourage Participants to show their competences in various fields of innovation, each individually described in the specific activities.
2. Via SIE, Siemens and its affiliated entities offer you to participate in various open innovation activities (“SIE Activity” or “SIE Activities”), typically including, but not limited to, the following:
- ideation challenges open to any interested participant;
- ideation challenges open to participants from specific institutions (specific partner companies, universities, etc.);
- innovation events.
3. Admission to the SIE is open to natural persons. Every person applying for admission to the SIE (“Applicant”) must register individually on the website of the SIE at https://ecosystem.siemens.com.
5. Admission to the SIE is at Siemens’ sole discretion. Applicants who are admitted to participate in the SIE will be referred to as “Participants”.
6. Admission to the SIE does not confer any rights to Participants. This applies without limitation to Participants’ eligibility and admission to participate in particular SIE Activities, and with regard to the saving or deletion of any of Participants’ entries.
7. Particular SIE Activities will always be subject to special terms and conditions and will have a defined timeframe specified therein.
8. An Applicant or Participant may end their participation in the SIE at any time by sending a brief e-mail notification to the Siemens administration team at email@example.com. Termination of the participation shall not affect any rights acquired or obligations incurred by Siemens or Applicants or Participants prior to the date of termination as an Applicant or Participant.
9. No purchase of any product or service of Siemens or any third party is required for participation in the SIE.
10. No Applicant or Participant is entitled to use the Siemens name or any Siemens trademark or service mark as a result of their participation in the SIE or in a SIE Activity. For the sake of clarification only, this is not intended to prevent Applicants or Participants from merely mentioning the aforementioned items in connection with their participation in the SIE, including but not limited to social media.
11. For information regarding the submission procedure please see the “HOW IT WORKS” Page on the website: https://ecosystem.siemens.com/howitworks
12. Siemens will delete any entries in the SIE which
- contain inappropriate or unlawful content or proposals which do not comply with export control restrictions;
- create a potential risk of infringing intellectual property rights or misappropriating trade secrets or confidential information of third parties; or
- contain viruses, worms, corrupted files, cracks or other materials that are intended to or may damage or render inoperable software, hardware or security measures of Siemens and/or any other third party.
13. No reasons will need to be given for Applicants’ admission or non-admission to, or exclusion from, the SIE, as the case may be.
14. Siemens shall not be obligated to fulfill any obligation or perform any act with regard to the SIE if such fulfilment or performance is prevented by any impediments arising out of national or international foreign trade or customs requirements or any embargoes or other sanctions.
Applicants and Participants shall comply with all applicable export control, customs and foreign trade regulations (“Foreign Trade Regulations”) and shall obtain all necessary export licenses, unless Siemens or any party other than Applicant/Participant is required to apply for the export licenses pursuant to the applicable Foreign Trade Regulations.
Participants shall advise Siemens in writing as early as possible but not later than two weeks after the submission of any entry of such Participant of any information and data required by Siemens to comply with all Foreign Trade Regulations for Participant’s entry applicable in the country/countries of export and import.
15. Entries which are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
16. If a Participant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of the SIE, or if there is reason to believe that such Participant has compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of the SIE by cheating, hacking, creating a bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in any way, Siemens may seek damages from the participant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, Siemens may disqualify and ban the participant from any future events.
18. The Rules for a particular SIE Activity will often contain provisions governing the treatment of confidential information that Participants obtain in connection with such SIE Activity. Participants will have to make themselves familiar with, and adhere (without limitation) to such confidentiality provisions.Data Privacy
19. Siemens provides a data privacy notice on SIE. Applicants shall familiarize themselves with the content of that privacy notice prior to registration.Licenses and Rights
20. Each Participant acknowledges that Siemens may either itself create or obtain entries from other Participants that may be similar to their entry. Each Participant hereby waives any and all claims that they may have as a result of the fact that entries which have been accepted, reviewed and/or used by Siemens or entries which are already known to Siemens are similar to Participant´s entry.Representations and Warranties
21. Each Participant represents and warrants that any of their entries will not be developed as part of their employment by, work for, or other contractual relationship with a third party which confers to such third party any right or title in or to their entries, and furthermore that the Participant will not use any facility or work equipment (including software) of a third party which would not be available to them if not for their status as an employee, contractor or other contractual partner of such third party.Disclaimer
22. Siemens is not responsible for any entries on the SIE not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications or other electronic malfunctions. Siemens is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the SIE or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this SIE.
23. The SIE may contain links and references to the web pages of third parties. Siemens shall have no liability for the content of such web pages and does not make representations about or endorse such web pages or their contents as its own, as Siemens does not have control over the information or contents on such web pages. Neither shall Siemens be liable for the quality, correctness or completeness of any third-party information expressly provided on the SIE as third party information, including any information supplied by any of the sales partners.
24. SIE Activities will typically be governed by an additional set of Rules which you will be asked to accept before participating in them.
28. Siemens reserves the right to suspend, withdraw or cancel the SIE or a SIE Activity for any reason and at any time, at its sole discretion and without incurring any liability.
* * * * *